Sun Belt Conference Releases 2019 Football Schedules
The Sun Belt Conference released their 2019 football Schedule to all teams early Friday morning. Entering their third season under head coach Shawn Elliott, Georgia State will face a competitive out-of-conference schedule alongside an already-tough conference schedule. This season marks the 10-year anniversary of the program at Georgia State. The Panthers will open the season in Neyland Stadium against the Tennessee Volunteers, then return to Atlanta to host FCS foe Furman in their home opener.
Another notable home opponent for the Panthers will be the Army Black Knights. This season’s home game is in addition to the previously announced home-and-home series with Army starting in 2021.
The full 2019 season schedule for the Georgia State Panthers is as follows (home games in bold):
- Saturday, August 31st @ Tennessee
- Saturday, September 7th vs Furman
- Saturday, September 14th @ Western Michigan
- Saturday, September 21st @ Texas State
- Saturday, October 5th vs Arkansas State
- Saturday, October 12th @ Coastal Carolina
- Saturday, October 19th vs Army
- Saturday, October 26th vs Troy
- Saturday, November 6th @ Louisiana-Monroe
- Saturday, November 16th vs Appalachian State
- Saturday, November 23rd vs South Alabama
- Saturday, November 30th @ Georgia Southern
The Panthers are currently in the middle of their offseason weight training program and are gearing up to start spring practices on March 12th. The Georgia State spring game will be held at Georgia State Stadium on Saturday, April 13th.